+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This could make me a fan of the orange

Blog Entries

This could make me a fan of the orange

Click for pic of 350SX-F

I'm not too keen on the new shrouds...the 08/09 shrouds were much cooler. I'd also like to see the weight specs to see if it actually is lighter (significantly too) than the new 450. But if it is, all it would need is a 6 speed tranny and I'd be sold.

Blog Entries
    Yeah the shrouds are wtf imo. I do like the rest of the bike's styling. I can't remember, its supposed to have FI right?

I need to ride one though to see if it has that low end that I love so much about the 505.
    http://www.furiousbros.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1231793273

Blog Entries
    I don't remember hearing if it has FI or not...it's not really that much of a deal breaker for me. It would be nice, but until you can easily change stuff via your own computer it's not a must have. On a bike like that though, a 6 speed would definitely be necessary.

Blog Entries
    Saw a post on TT claiming it has EFI.

Need to win the lottery so we can try one out. Would look a lot better with an Fb blue/orange graphics kit though. The orange bling (hubs, sprocket etc) would really compliment such a look. Otherwise there's too much orange (usual for pumpkins).

Blog Entries
    Someone on the KTM forum modified the pic to what it might look like stock w/ white plastics, pretty hawt
    Attached Images  
    http://www.furiousbros.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1231793273

Blog Entries
    Yeah that looks way better. Friggin, sex.

Blog Entries
    Oh yes.
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Confirmed

-estart OR kickstart (not sure if you can have both yet, but you can definitely have whichever you choose
    -EFI - should also be present on the 250 and 450 SXF in 2011
    -Still no word on the transmission

Blog Entries
    VilleKTM at TT (he's pretty much in the know) says it will be a 5 speed, but not necessarily confirmed. I guess it depends on which bike it is based on more, the 450 (5 sp) or the 250 (6 sp).

Blog Entries
    I should think with smaller CC's it would need to have a 6 speed to prevent too high of revving (which is a concern with it already) at top speeds. Sure, may not be necessary in MX/SX, but KTM can't be so stupid as to realize they've just announced every woods and off road riders dream all around bike. Hopefully it's based off of the 250 anyways, if for no other reason than weight concerns.

EFI is cool though, hopefully they do it right and give you access to it from home to change stuff around, like fine tuning a carb, only for us geeky types.

Interesting that the starting methods are separated by OR for now - I really fail to see how having both is in any way a detractor. The kick starter can't weigh more than a pound.

Blog Entries
    To me it looks more like the base of the 250 engine, but the guys at TT say its neither an upsized 250 or a downsized 450 but a completely new design. I would think to save costs they would have figured out how to use an existing transmission rather than design a new one, but who knows. I am holding out hope for a 6 speed, even if its that joke of a 6 speed that's in the 250 XCF.

The EFI is based on the Husaberg self adjusting closed loop system as far as I know. You can tweak it if you want it and supposedly a lot simpler to do than the Jap EFI systems. The beauty of the Husaberg system is you don't have to adjust it if you don't want to, whereas I think some of the Jap systems have to be adjusted (like a carb would have to be jetted depending on conditions).

Also, its not that the starting systems are separated, just that its confirmed that both methods will be available. We just don't know if they'll be available together. I'd bet the e-start will be standard, and you can add a kick start if you want (and thus remove the e-start if you want).

Blog Entries
    I might have to become a fan in the end.

Of the 3 pictured, I think I like the white one the best, though I'm still sure that blue/orange Fb would be hawtestestestest.

Blog Entries
    Do you have an screen shots of a match end in UT with your orange/blue name?

Blog Entries
    Yes, in the gg backup that I made there are a bunch of them. One of these days I'll upload it. I'd do it right now but they don't allow the purchasing dept to use ftp, I'm sure that's saving us a shitload of money.

Blog Entries
    hahaha. Cool - put one up when you get a chance...Ima see if I can find someone to redecorate that KTM in those colors.

+ Reply to Thread