To me it looks more like the base of the 250 engine, but the guys at TT say its neither an upsized 250 or a downsized 450 but a completely new design. I would think to save costs they would have figured out how to use an existing transmission rather than design a new one, but who knows. I am holding out hope for a 6 speed, even if its that joke of a 6 speed that's in the 250 XCF.

The EFI is based on the Husaberg self adjusting closed loop system as far as I know. You can tweak it if you want it and supposedly a lot simpler to do than the Jap EFI systems. The beauty of the Husaberg system is you don't have to adjust it if you don't want to, whereas I think some of the Jap systems have to be adjusted (like a carb would have to be jetted depending on conditions).

Also, its not that the starting systems are separated, just that its confirmed that both methods will be available. We just don't know if they'll be available together. I'd bet the e-start will be standard, and you can add a kick start if you want (and thus remove the e-start if you want).