View Full Version : Idaho City 2010

03-23-2010, 09:32 AM
So who's going?

There is some new info on the Boise Ridge Riders (http://www.boiseridgeriders.org) website. Saturday only is $120 entry, Sunday only is only $80 entry (savings of $40), and both days is $180.

Originally I wanted to go LOI but I've given that up and plan to ride only one day in the over 30 A class, now I'm just not sure which day. I definitely like riding Saturday better but $40 is a big difference.

Pre-sign opens on April 1st at 12:01 MDT, last year Saturday sold out in less than a day and I'm sure this year will be no different even with the increased price. Mark your calendars.

03-23-2010, 10:06 AM
That's a tough one. I really want to go as this is likely the only race I'll get to do this year. If I go I'll probably race Sunday just because it's that much cheaper. $80 is tough enough to swallow as a race entry, 50% more is pretty much impossible. If you're switching to Over 30 A then I guess we could ride the same minute again - not that it means we get to ride together all that much if last year was any indication. ;)

If I go and race Sunday I'll still plan on being out there on Saturday and filming as much as I can. Provided that's possible (would I have to impound the bike I'm racing Friday night? Will they not want me anywhere on the course the day before I race?).

03-23-2010, 10:18 AM
I wondered that too about impound. I'm not sure because I don't think I've ever seen then to sound tech on Saturday night (not that I paid that much attention), but it seems to me you shouldn't have to impound it until the night before. As for being out near the course I don't think you'd be breaking any rules, you can walk the whole thing if you want as far as I know. As long as you don't actually ride it you're fine.

There are phone numbers / emails on the contact page at their site, send them a message and see what they say.

03-23-2010, 11:04 AM
It would certainly make a difference on my ability to film on Saturday...I would expect to take the bike around to different parts of the course. I guess if you're bringing the toy hauler you could bring the WR and Jason's bike just in case?

03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah I'm planning to bring the hauler and can bring an extra bike just in case, but I'm sure that its not a problem to ride up the fireroads and stuff.

03-30-2010, 08:45 PM
'm hoping to go with my son Dustin. Prob be Saturday. Missing work would cost alot more. Of course I guess its a matter of missing work Fri or Mon. So maybe Sun would be better!

03-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Alright, I'm officially not going to Idaho City this year. :( Of course that means for those of you who do go, it will be perfect temps and no dust and just perfect all around! Murphy's Law!

I'm hunkering down for another year and hoping to improve my financial situation for 2011 so I can get back into riding and racing. :)

03-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Pre-pay is open right now you can fill in the entry form at 12:01 am. Gary will you be riding B class with Dustin?

Nate if you don't mind riding Sunday by yourself you can probably make the decision last minute anyway. Or you can just get a cheap flight and come down and film.

03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah we'll see. I don't mind riding Sunday - it's the one race I am likely to do this year. If we do our plan with the helmet cam then at least you can get a lot of footage.

Main reason I say I'm out for sure though is that I've moved the vacation days I was going to use before and after this event. But things could change, I'm just not all that sure about it right now...well, sure enough that I won't make it that I'm using the days somewhere else...

Hopefully I get a decent raise this year and a promotion going into next year so I can make enough money to ride and race more in 2011.

06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Check out this Motoutah post